Heat lamp blew overnight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinach

Reaction score
Hey guys, been panicking a bit and found a lot of conflicting information, hoping i havent accidentally froze my snake... I just noticed the heat emitter in my ~6 month old jungle's enclosure wasn't on with the thermostat reading just over 15°. Luckily I had a spare old red light (ik they're not the best but it'll have to do till tomorrow morning) and it's slowly warming back up, but I'm just very stressed over if he's been cold for long enough to do any serious damage. It was definitely working last night so it hasn't been more than 24 hours, but he's been in hiding all day. didn't think much of it because he's right in the middle of a shed, now realising he could have been freezing that whole time.

I know a lot of the resources ive been looking at for reptile info are from US or UK sites, where losing heat could be a lot worse than 15, but im still very worried and i guess I'm asking if any of you have experienced anything similar, if your snake was ok and if there's any health issues I should check for if he's ok after this.

I'm no expert but I believe overheating is far more detrimental than being cold. With the space of time the lamp wasn't on I would say he will be just fine until you're able to buy a new one today.

If I am incorrect someone will be along to give more info. I wouldn't stress

Back