can my herps all go into a out cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulionz

we have a bird cage about 6ft long by 6ft wide bye 6ft high so its very big alot of room my galah is in it now but we got him another cage and now its going to be empty and ive ask mum but she says no because if they fight to the death

i will be housing in a water dragon about 70-80cm a beardie about 35-40cm and a blue tongue about the same as beardie and we got a pond and we might be getting another turtle so any advise would be greatfull as its sittinng there empty i will have a look at other threads

What do you think would happen when your putting a water dragon that is double the size of the beardie/blue tongue.. they need totally different requirements

Last edited:
In a short answer no... People can sometimes run into alot of problems when housing different species... Even when housing lots of the same species they can fight (usually the males), inflicting cuts and other injuries, and sometimes resulting death. Maybe think about making adjustments to the cage so it's made into 3 different, smaller cages?

Hello there, I cant see an issue with it, only concern is what species of bearded dragon do you have, if central bearded than I would say thats better left indoor, however if its an eastern Bearded dragon they will live well together as long as you can supply all requirements. but really all you need is a pond, logs (both for perching and hollow for sheltering. People have been keeping these species in avairies and outdoor pits for years, its funny how the new herpers dont realise this can be done, all we every kept in was outdoor pits.

Heres a list of animals I have kept together in pits:

pit one
Common Blue tongues
Eastern Water Dragons,
Land Mullets
Cunningham Skinks
Common Bearded dragons

Pit two
Mertens water monitors
Gippsland water dragons
Eastern Bearded dragons
Common Blue tongues

I kept animals like gippsland water dragons and eastern water dragons in different pits because I didnt want cross breeds. It also natural temperature where you live would be another factor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back