Cane Toad Film

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cane Toad

Reaction score
We are presently researching a major documentary film about the CANE TOAD for the ABC. We would be interested in hearing from anyone with a good story to tell, or perhaps you know of a good character who may be suited for our film?

We are looking for all sorts of stories to do with toads- be it the history, the spread, the horror, or general funny stories. You do not need to be an academic nor an expert but personal stories of interaction are what we are looking for. Also we would love to hear from people who swerve their cars to run over them on purpose! All sorts of stories and characters are encouraged.
Please email me directly with Cane Toads in the subject line or respond directly here -- we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Mark Lewis

[email protected]

I can tell you about the record I held at work for running over them. 120 in a 10 hour shift and thats not 10 hours of solid driving either. Or about the drop in snake numbers around Tindal RAAF base when the invasion hit and the start of the invasion on RAAF Darwin (8 killed on shift so far). I don't think there would be to many funny stories about them but there was a guy in Darwin a few weeks ago (made the NT news and all) that covered a toad with salt and put it in his freeze. Pulled it out a few days later and it came back to life. I don't think he knew that salted things don't freeze. Cane toads.....I hate them!!!!

My 6 year old son has a cane toad wallet (made from a real cane toad) and frequently takes it shopping. On a recent trip to Cairns, he was strolling through the food court where a Japanese tourist was peacefully eating her lunch until my son popped his wallet over the barrier scaring her literally out of her chair. Hubby and I slinked away, however, did find it quite amusing. Not 10 minutes later during our shopping trip, an innocent family of young girls strolled by us and my son, ever the comedian, flops his wallet out in front of them as he casually walks by and calmly remarks, "Toad!", much to their horror (girls leaping in all directions). Wallet was then confiscated for the rest of the day , however, these reactions were amusing.....
Another incident with the dreaded Cane toad wallet was when he took it to school. Whilst our son went out to play for morning tea, he left his precious wallet under his desk, on the floor, unknown to his teacher, who appanently is deathly afraid of these critters due to a childhood encounter. When she spotted this "toad" she was mortified and yelled for the ajoining teacher in the classroom to rescue her by grabbing a bucket and broom to remove the villan from the classroom. On approaching it for removal, bucket and broom poised, the other teacher noticed a gold ring attached and realised the toad was ultimately dead.....needless to say my son was not the most popular student with the teacher that day..... although, she now sees the funny side.

Attachments

• Toad.JPG
    Toad.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
LOL classic bakes I can remember a day of swinging one down the road in a plastic bag hahahaha damn flaming things put rectonal on it like im going to waste anal cream and say here toady toady have some roid cream.......

Near our water tank I heard a toc toc sound. I went to have a look and it was a striped marsh frog calling in a puddle of water. What was interesting was that there was about 4 toads sitting right in front of it as though they were drawn to its mating call. This happenned again the next two nights.(different toads as I froze the other ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back