cant get a pygmy =(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
so i rang dse because i couldnt find pygmy bearded dragon on the form and ap i cnt get 1 in victoria =(....is this true??? she said its not listed on their and only ppl in queensland are allowed to have them.....are they classified as a bearded dragon or listed under some other name..can sum1 help me out with this.. i realli wanna get it but am afraid dat now i cnt =(

thats not right.
you can hold one under an advanced license. the only reason she might not know is coz its named under downs bearded dragon. and the person you were talking to probly doesnt know the scientific name

ur right i found it under advanced,..thanks..hey you work at dse..how cme i have 2 pay for a jan licence if i dont get my licence til feb,coz it takes 3 weeks...ad wat if i wanna get 2 dif types...how do i go about doing it?
like 4 example say i want a inland beardie and a pygmy also...

ur right i found it under advanced,..thanks..hey you work at dse..how cme i have 2 pay for a jan licence if i dont get my licence til feb,coz it takes 3 weeks...ad wat if i wanna get 2 dif types...how do i go about doing it?
like 4 example say i want a inland beardie and a pygmy also...
if you dont like how the DSE work then dont get a licence ... a advanced will cost about $150 a year .

no i just dont get it,i think its a lil stupid that u have to pay when u dont get the licence til the month later...but the gov is always ripping ppl off,so meh...what r ya gunna do

yeh $5 dollars isnt muchwhen you compare it to the price of herps. they can differ in price in different ares of aus by as much as up to 100s of dollars. anyway...
you wont need 2 different licenses. just the advanced one... (that covers both)

No the money dosent bother me,I just dnt get the way it works but it is wat it is..$50 a yr is nothing or 100 to keep it..so i'm happy about that,I guess I'm just bummed out I have to wait so long..oh well atleast I can get wat I want..yay

yeah i know. i work there and it took 4 weeks for mine. dont know what happened there...

I'm gonna die if it takes that long..lol so if I get the two dif beardies is it ok 2 have them in the same enclosure?

i think its going to be worth your time if u did some research on the net rather then every q u have asking it just google the question u have. google has some very helpful websites even for keeping herps
good luck

id rather ask ppl who have reptiles and kno more...i want a inland beardie and a pygmy..ill probz get 2 pymys if its not a good idea..just asking so i can kno.
thanks

Hey Sofoula88,
Keeping different species of dragons together in one enclosure is not a good idea. Inland or Central Bearded Dragons (Pogona Vitticeps) grow much larger than the Pygmy/Downs/Black Soil Bearded Dragon (Pogona Henrylawsoni) and therefore require a bigger enclosure, so you definitely don't want them in the same "house" together. Also, another thing to remember even if you are keeping two Pygmy's together is that it's best to have one boy and one girl. Putting two boys together will end up stressing and/or injuring one or both animals as they will fight when they get older. Most reptiles are solitary animals and in the wild, only come together to mate. Other times, they like being alone in their own territory. Good luck with your Pygmys.

thanks dragon nut...i have a 4x1.5 enclosure....would that be big enough?..i want both but seing as i cant have them both atm im not un decided,which 1 would u recommend me 2 get? and do u think i should only get 1,because i was told they are more active when theres more than 1,but not sure
thanks

4x1.5 foot enclosure will be fine for 2 central beardies max.
3 pygmys would be alright in there i spose. i would stick to 2 though.
for an enclosure of that size i would recommend the centrals (pogona Vitticeps)...

I also want to get 2 pygmy beardies in Vic and am having trouble. So today I rang D.S.E. thinking they must be an advanced licence holder rather than a basic as mine is. I obviously got someone with more knowledge on the subject than you did because he said they will be listed under a different name and then looked it up for me, he told me they are listed as species number 2210 and the listed name is Downs Bearded Dragon. The good news is they are available to basic licence holders, just need to find where to get 2 in vic, hope you had luck!

Yer when I rang,they had no idea and just said it wasn't listed then I couldn't get it..I had to figure it out myself that it was listed under a different name..I did end up getting them tho bout 4 months ago now..but I got them sent over from nsw..it's hard to find them down here in Vic..I hope u have more luck than I did..let me kno if u end up getting them =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back