Castelnaui Size Concern

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am posting this thread as I have concerns regarding the size of my 2 Oedura castelnaui (Northern Velvet Geckos).

I have a male and female and plan to breed them this season but am wandering if the size will create complications. Theyre both approximately 16-17cms TL but the male is far stockier. I understand that the female usually has to be considerably larger in order for mating to occur.

Pics of my pair can be viewed at http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48638
My question is, will they breed even if the male is larger in Bulk but theyre both equal in length, or, should I attempt to trade him in for a smaller, more slender male?

Any opinion will be appreciated,
Cheers

you shoud have no issues breeding them...All mine are roughly the same size as each other and have no dramas with mating

I'd have no drama's with that pairing as it is. You'll find she will bulk up over the next year anyway.

Lol, who would have thought it, girl wanting to be fatter than guys!

Will make no difference at all.......if you think hes big then you should see his brother.

P.s. Don't trade or sell him as there is some unusual oddities coming from that line from Cape York.

What do you mean about 'Unusual oddities,' genetics? Thank you for clearing up where his locality is....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back