Castle Hill Reptile Expo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - do you have dates yet for the 2010 show?

We are calling it the "WILD AUSTRALIA EXPO" as we did in 2004 at Darling Harbour (if anyone remembers), and will feature the Australian Frog and Reptile Show, PLUS, more broad wildlife/ nature-conservation displays.We are very excited to announce that we have found a massive indoor exhibition hall, literally across the road from the previous Castle hill venue. (We WAY outgrew the indoor facilities at the previous venues). Set in beautiful Sydney Sandstone bushland too!
We also are VERY,VERY, excited about our guest speaker for the Friday "Herpo Dinner".
Cheers,
Stimmo

Does anyone know how it works for interstate buyers, i mean with the export permits. We live in Qld so our paperwork can be done on the day but if export permits from NSW take longer do we have to leave the animals with the seller until they can get the permit and post it up or can we take it home with us?

It's a problem for people every year....you can apply for permits in advance for species you want, and can cancel them if you don't find what your after....but you have to put the other party down on your application so not sure how you could do it, and not sure about QLD regs either.....see what you find out from the environment agency up there and let us know how you go....:)

kelly

In Qld we don't need import permits, we can buy a movement advice or fill one out online and send it in later and thats all they need, its just for their records. I might have to get into contact with the NSW equivalent and see if i can get a blank permit in advance.

Thanks

I sure am looking forward to the new venue - The Showground at Homehush is just over the river from home. But I hope there are no geckos for sale this year. My missus is mad and driving me toward bankruptsy.

I am looking forward to the change of venue to OLYMPIC PARK, HOMEBUSH. Nice and close to home and the totally indoor facility will be a better venue.

I carnt wait :) hehe I'm sure I will get something this year as last year I was waiting on my license do you think they will have exo terra enclosures abit cheaper ?

Most of the exhibitors have good specials. Last year Kellyville Pets had a great exo terra 3ft X 18ins X 18ins high for $250. It is great for the knob tails. Mine have the most amazing tunnel systems in them and are great when they are hunting.

Most of the exhibitors have good specials. Last year Kellyville Pets had a great exo terra 3ft X 18ins X 18ins high for $250. It is great for the knob tails. Mine have the most amazing tunnel systems in them and are great when they are hunting.

I think thats the size enclosure I want is it normally $300 at kellyville, been wanting to get it for my female pygmy bearded dragon.

Just read all the posts from last year in October. UPDATE for 2010 everyone, Venue Paddington Pavillion, Olympic site, HOMEBUSH. - just across the road from Acer Arena. Dates: Friday 30 th April, Saturday and Sunday 1st & 2nd May; Speaker at dinner on Friday Night::Brian Barzcyk from Snakebytes TV in the States. This guy specializes in breeding ball pythons in all sort of colours. Should be great. WORKSHOPS at the show: willl cover photography, frog keeping, Egernia species care, Turtles, Monitors, Pythons and a few more. Animals for Sale: Like last year there will be animals for sale from private breeders and you will need to bring your license in order to be able to purchase. The show is expanded to include more species of animals, both reptilian and others, more variety of displays and all under cover in a great new venue. Put the dates in your calendar so you don't miss out! See you there, I will be the one buying all the good stuff!!!

Great stuff Mike, Because there are so many of the pet shops there, they are all competing for your bucks so there are some great deals, Walk around all of them before you choose and you will see some amazing set ups.

Yes herpgirl there will be frogs there. For sale and on display. Make sure you have an amphibian licence not just a reptile licence. We were selling frogs at the sofar expo in Newcastle on sunday just gone and a lot of people wanted frogs but only had reptile licences.:(

Good Point Frognut. I know the first year I went I had no license so was very dissapointed I couldn't take home what I wanted to BUT I made up for it the next year when I was cashed up and had my license.

The workshops sound like a great idea, though you need a Bearded Dragon workshop, as 90% of peoples problems are Bearded Dragon issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back