Central Netted Dragon behaviour....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy all. Now given I have had a beardie in the past I am familiar with the displays that these critters can out on. Given I have 3 new Central Netted Dragons and at this stage unable to determine the sex, but we think we have 1 x female and 2 x males, questionable though.

Just before I was watching the female who came out of a semi hide but her mannerisms were interesting. Yes she did the head bobbing which I am familiar with and bear in mind these are 6 weeks old, but as she was doing it she would walk a couple of paces forward, stop then do it again but when she did it she would be standing with her legs extended, like she was up on her haunches, then she would crouch down again and walk a couple of paces.

She did this for all of about 10 mins then took off.

Am I reading into it a tad or is this typical normal behaviour. I believe this one is the female.

Oh and I do have one male that is the dominant one.

Thanks all.

I have seen many types of dragons and skinks behave how you're describing,both male and female sometimes.the young age surprises me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back