Central Netted Dragon Not Eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgottenXo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Im not too sure if I am being just an over zealous mother but im a little bit worried about our newest addition.

We got a 2 month old teeny tiny Central Netted Dragon on Saturday morning, and up to today, he still isnt eating. I thought after settling in for a few days he would be right, but all he does it hide.

I have been spraying him with water to stop him from dehydrating, and we have put him in a tub for feeding (as he is in an open roofed enclosure) The lady we got him off said that he is eating fine and is really active, but that hasnt been the case when we got home.

We have tried him on small crickets, mealworms even tried him on a little bit of Bok Choy but to no avail.

Could it be that the is still intimidated by his new surroundings and needs to settle in some more. I just know when they are this little they really need to be eating every day, and he is far from that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Attachments

• Oakley.jpg
    Oakley.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 78
Maybe up the hot end temps a tad. Do u have other central netted's in the same enclosure??? Also if u do have more then one make sure u have enough hides available.

Stress is generally a predominant reason for lack of appetite.

Defiantly up the temp 40 directly under the basking spot also for feeding something someone told me on here when I had the same problem with my new Pygmy dragons is put some live crickets in a glass jar jst any is fine and when it starts to notice them slowly tip the jar over so the crickets almost crawl out see how that goes your problem sounds similar to mine I was trying to put them in another tub to feed but being so small and new to their environment and handling it stresses them out after they settle in and get use to handling they should be fine to feed where ever u put them I hope this helps and good luck..

Thanks for the advice :) I upped the hot end to 36 (i didnt want him to sizzle) and put some sand up the warm him, and he is alot more active. Still hides alot, but i have notices him burrowing right down into the sand at night time :)

We also managed to get him to feed...only 5 little crickets buuuttt its a promising start!!

He is in the enclosure by himself but im wondering if maybe i should get him a little friend...i cant decide!

Allsssoooo....im meant to feed him every day hey? But not too much because it can put too much pressure on the spine, or is that just beardies? Argh information overload :)

Great news. Persistence pays off. Another thing is stick to a routine and be consistent. Our lighting, feeding times etc r all consistent. As an uneducated guess I'd say most animals like routine.......captive reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back