Central Netted Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmissrazz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

The other day I was invading my netties privacy (teehee) I noticed my lil one was showing orange/red coloration on his/her chest, grabbed a quick shot (Below). Ive read almost every thread on CND's on APS i can find and still have no idea what this means.
I can hazard a guess and say its a mating display, probably male?? But I'm not good at guessing and would like some experienced CND keepers/breeders to lend a hand and shed some light on what its all about :D

In the pic of both netties, its the smaller of the two who is more brightly coloured and was showing chest colour. Have only seen my bigger nettie head bobbing and waving/bashing the log, hope this helps some.
Anyway if anyone would like to have a guess at what sex they are, go for it!!. Coz i have no idea lol They keep tricking me :p

Thanks in advance ;)

Touche bath (5)-1.jpgTouche' (8)-1-1.jpgTouche' & ditto (132)-1.jpg

redness on the head, nose and chest generally refers to males
however looking at the second picture i would say its a female
it largely depends on age to identify but if the lizard in the 2nd pic is a year or older i would say female, in fact if both are a year or older i would say both females however a picture of both of them together from above and their ages will tell more
the female in the 3rd pic at thetop is showing classic throat puffing, generally a female/female get out ouf my zone pose

the 2nd picture is of a different nettie, 1st pic is the one with its mouth open in the 3rd pic. 2nd pic is of the bigger one on the log. they are both approx 2 years old. With the gaping, they where under the heat light so its just regulating its temp in this pic. heres some from above
Touche' & ditto (136).jpgTouche' & ditto (134) (1080 x 810).jpg

if they are both 2 year olds in the two pics above, then size gives it away, the larger on the left being male, even the head looks bigger as a male should, but i am reserving judgement on the tail, i would like to see a really thick base in the tail that tapers down gradually compared to the female which tapers more rapidly as the lizard on the right,
more pics would determine
, healthy looking netteds, the little female on the right is beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back