Central or eastern beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some protein rich baby food ( I use steak and veg ) 3-6 month old ie puréed and a 10 ml syringe. Gently put end in your dragons mouth and give a few ml at a time. Add some calcium powder and make sure it's at room temp. You can also do the same with puréed dog food or dragon pellets soaked in water. I prefer the baby food as it comes in a jar and can be used as is with no additional preparation. This should help to put weight on until you get if back onto live food and also help with hydration as it contains some water.

Since my girlfriend moved in, she thinks I've been "spoiling" her beardies. What I did to get them eating veggies again was put a pile of greens so they see it then drop one or two worms on it. They get all excited, grab the mealie and some veg, then just keep eating veggies.

You could also try feeding him some kind of berry, though in small amounts. Strawberries and blueberries. Her beardies go crazy for mustard and collard greens. They will eat leaf spinach but aren't real fond of it.

Give him a tub of water just deep enough so that it comes to his belly. He will hop in and soak.

yte7y7e7.jpg

There is her setup I just finished for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That's because they know spinach is not good for them. Dont feed spinach to your beardy. Mustard greens, collard greens , endive and dandilion greens are the best staples.

I would get rid of mealworms.
Feed dusted crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back