CHE wattage opinions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man

Reaction score
Okaayyy, so I'm putting together a 900L x 500D x 700H wooden enclosure for my jungle hatchie for when he's bigger, and I'm unsure of what I should do with my heating and lighting. I was thinking a 60watt ceramic heat emitter, so that day and night heat came from the one source, but wasn't sure if the wattage was right for that size enclosure or not?
Then what would be the best lighting to use?

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Hmmm i think a 60w might be a tad small for an enclosure that is 700mm high, i would be more enclined to use a 100 w CHE an enclosure of that size :) ......................Ron

100w on a dimming thermostat, if using a surface mount fitting I would put a piece of cement fibre sheet between if and the enclosure to prevent scorching.

I have played with 50w and 100h CHE's. From my experience a 100w on a dimming thermostat is what worked best for me in a cage of similar height.

If you were looking for a basking area as opposed to general warmth and had a basking shelf close to the emitter the 60w may work fine but you would have to do a little experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back