chickens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westhamsc

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all.
was just wondering the pro's and con's of feeding chickens to carpets? should it be a treat?
or can it be a constent food item?

jacob

I feed one of my carpets solely on chickens due to it not eating rats or mice which is a pain.

When I was given my female maccy I was told all she eats is day-old chicks. I tried her on other things but all she wanted was the chicks, and only occassionally. No problems with her (no squirts), but just in the last few months I've got her taking rats, so that will make life much easier.

:p

Hix

I don't know about the chickens but I'm about that close to smacking one of those damned Indian Myna birds down and tossing it in with my Darwin :twisted: Are bird mites a problem with pythons? :?

Re: RE: chickens

Fuscus said:
The feeding part is proberly not a good idea. There could be any number of poisons and parasites within those birds.

Damn! :lol: Just like carp is good for gardens, I figured mynas would be good for carpets! :wink: Warning heeded! :wink: Looks like I'll just have to stick with the wrist rocket :lol: :lol:

RE: Re: RE: chickens

lol moose, yes i hate those things too. lil bastards of things. yes i use a wrist rocket also., they seem to get the desired affect :twisted:

I give my carpets chickens once in a while, I try not to do it more than every second feed, although it probably wouldn't matter if it was more often. Funnily enough I have a chicken thawing as I type. If I was still as nuts as I was a month a go I'd take a photo and post it! :lol:

I was told to freeze the day old chicks for about 6 weeks. This I was told was how long it took for whatever they had been injected with to disapate and then your snake wouldnt get the squits. It appears that the chicks are innocculated and a lot die during the procedure.

I dont see a problem with feeding chicks to snakes. After all, how many pythons raid chicken coops? I feed my pythons chicks occasionally. I just dont like the idea of them striking at the chicks head due to the sharp beak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back