childreni

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wombat100

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all,

hope some of you guru's can help, I have two (m/f) childreni, they are about 18 months old, had them now for 6 weeks and they have not eaten, I do realise they must be hibernating,
is it ok to disturb them during this hibernating period?
or should I just leave them together under the same log curled up together?
how long will the hibernating last?

They are on a heat mat, 18degs overnight and 22degs during the day.

Any help or suggestions from you guys would be appreciated.

wombat100

wombat are you planning on breeding them this season or getting a bit more size on them.

to follow on from pike...

breeding = keep em cool

putting size on to breed next season = heat them up and shove some mice in them!

Give them more heat during that day. Very few snakes in oz hibernate.They get a lot less active in winter but they do not hibernate. To breed them give them hot days and cold nigths. If you arent breeding them give them a hot and cold end 24/7. The temps you are useing are very dangerous.
Rob

i agree with the others wombat, if your not breeding them they should be at 32 degrees i have three stimies and they are the same age and they are all at 32. they wont eat at that temp and even if they did they wouldn't be able to digest the meal. two of my stimies even at 32 degrees haven't eaten in 7 weeks, so dont panic yet, heat them up and see if they eat in a week if not then start to wonder why.

thanks for all the feedback, not ready to breed yet so will do as suggested and up the temp.

thanks wombat100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back