Christinus mamoratus questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Talanthas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Not real sure if this is the right place for this thread but here goes anyway . . .

I'm looking at getting a couple/fewChristinus mamoratus and would like to clarify some info before I get any and find out I'm doing everything all wrong.

If someone could verify the below info I'd be appreciated

1. They don't need any heating
2. They don't need UV lighting because they are nocturnal
3. Can keep as many as 6 in an enclosure 30x30x30 :)? Seems a bit small to me . . )
4. Can leave hatchies in with adults as they aren't canabilistic

If there is any other info that people feel I really need to know please post it. I'm a complete novice having never kept any reptiles :)

Oh and if anyone knows someone who has/will have some for sale in the near future please let me know.

Cheers

Tal

I see I will need to bump this every couple of days otherwise it will get lost . . . . Busy forum

Ok, no they dont require any heating nor lighting. I havent personally kept them but i think 6 in a 30x 30 x 30 its too cramped. I would not leave any hatchies in with their parents, there is always a chance they will mistakenly eat them. I do know they are cheap seen them advertised for $30 each and seem very hardy and easy to breed. Sory dont know anyone who has them for sale but generally im told a few shops in Victoria have them on a regular basis.

Thanks for the info

Found a local pet store that has them at $39 so not hugely expensive, but I can't say I have much faith in pet stores selling healthy stck

southern marbled gecko

i keep 3 of my own, no light, no heat, highly arboreal(like to climb).
i feed em crickets and the occasional moth. i have them with 2 garden skinks and 2 3 toed skinks. easiest thing to keep and breed!:D

6 in something that size would probably be alright as long as you setup a lot of layers climbing/hiding areas, like rocky outcrops. The more you build it up, the more 'floor' space they have to get away from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back