climbing branches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hey guys,

i am wondering what sort of adhesives, brackets or anything else people use to stick there branches to their cages? i have tried brackets but they are only good for straight wood, wood with a kink in it i cant use it.
any suggestions?

cheers

get some hooks from the hardware....screw the hook bit into the end of the branch and screw the ring part on the wall of the enclosure and link them. It comes out for easy cleaning

depending on the size and shape of your branch you may be able to predrill a hole in each end of your branch and then screw it to the desired position.
cheers.

alternatively, find a forked branch, then fix two complete ends for conduit (for the forked end) then grind the top third or so off the other end piece and fix in possition. You can still remove the branch this way. ps. laquer your branch so it can be cleaned. (Also these ends are available in different sizes)

In the past I have planed flat sections on two branches and then screwed them at that point.

Your imagination will not let you down when it comes to solving issues like this... just think like a tree ;-)

--
Herp Shop - http://www.herpshop.com.au
Make a herper friend very happy this Christmas with
10% off all Barefoot Bushman DVD's at the Herp Shop
BushTucker.gif
SolCroc.gif
[/quote]

Another way I have seen it done.... Is for Horizontal Branches... Creating two "u" shaped cutouts from other wood... secure them to the sides of the enclosure with the opening upwards... And then using the correct length branch slide it down into the "u" section on either side of your enclosure.

Hope that makes sense..:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back