Co2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I was told that the RSPCA website had an explanation of euthanasia by Co2. I have looked around the site but been unable to find it so was wondering if anyone here had the URL?

Thanks Parko, thats an interesting page. What I am actually looking for though is use of the pressurised cylinders with regulator etc.

LOL Slatey, I do whack the larger ones but have you tried flick and brick on pinky mice?? :) Last time I tried that I ended up searching the garage for the pinkies after they turned into missiles when their tails snapped :) LOL. 400 gram rat, no problems but pinky mice, give me Co2 please :)

pinkies dont breath in enough for co2 ya gotta freeze them buggers alive

Do you know what happens when you freeze mice it isnt painless it would hurt! their blood crystalises and their veins burst, also takes a long time to die.......OW

Afro if you put pikies to small continer, they are dead by 3 minutes. That is what I am doing. No oxygen no sexlive.

Do you know what happens when you freeze mice it isnt painless it would hurt! their blood crystalises and their veins burst, also takes a long time to die.......OW

Dry ice gives off carbon monoxcide (if I am correct) and it puts the rodent to sleep right off. It gives off this mist kind of thing. It maybe CO2 that it gives off I'm not sure, but it does the job quick and is highly recommended.

Oh na Kevin I wasnt saying that about dry ice.. I dont even know what that does :S...now i do!! I was reffering to brenden lol ;)

There was an old lady who swallowed a pinkie,
Then she swallowed a kitten to fix the problem.
Then she swallowed a puppy dog to fix that problem. :p

My understanding is that carbon monoxide (eg, car exhaust) is very toxic and leaves residuals in the bodies, I wouldn't risk using it and then feeding the casualties to any animal. Dry ice is frozen CO2, and is of course lethal to breath but safe to eat.

Yes indeedy Niccy babe, but, Co2 is Carbon Dioxide not monoxide I believe? So, any form of Co2 should be harmless to the end user or should I say, end eater :)

Yep, that's exactly what I meant Afro, dioxide not monoxide... I just shouldn't have been lazy and used the abr. On re-read I can see how it might not have read that I was contrasting the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back