Comments ???? Scam ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs I

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have something for sale on ebay and this is what i got from a guy - i think its way suss !!

Thanks for the mail, i am buying this for Cousin and i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore i really want this to be a surprise gift for my Cousin so i wont let him know anything abt the this until it gets delivered to him , i am sure he will be more than happy with it.I insisted on paypal because i dont have access to my bank account online as i dont have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap and pls if you dont have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to Welcome - PayPal and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come and pick this up after i have made the payments.
Derek
PS:you can end the auction on ebay yourself, by going to your my ebay and review your listing , you will see a place where u can end the auction and my pick up agent will come around to do the pick up as soon as i have made the payments, i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i am a petroleum engineer I work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now, i cannot pay through ebay as i have had problems with them before, and i will really NOT WANT to deal with them, they made me lost nearly $12,750 when i paid for an item i bought from a guy and he never sen the item, i emailed paypal and paypal said ebay didnt forward the necessary details to them and that since i used the buy it now, i should forward all complaints to ebay which i did but up till date they didnt do anything,sorry but i will only pay straight into your paypal account. Try and get my situation here, once bitten twice shy.You are not the problem here, its ebay that messes things up.

What do you think ??

dodgey
dont go to that paypal site they are wanting u to set up a dodgey account
u should just tell him that u already have a paypal account, buy the item on there and pay for it via the options he gets
then see what he has to say

yep. sounds like a scam.
if you already have a paypal, give them your email, tell them make payment for the item and you'll end the auction when the payment is cleared.
see if they stick the cash in.
i would anyway :)

Lol, hubby said give them his account for paypal its a bank account that never gets used. Try scam them back lol...

If he doesn't have access to internet for direct cash transfers how is seeing the item on ebay or access to contacting you? Dodgy!!

who buys presents like that for a "cousin" :rolleyes: he's tripping and probably from Nigeria

Never use a site link sent to you via email that you have to input your details...

Always scams...:|

Lol, hubby said give them his account for paypal its a bank account that never gets used. Try scam them back lol...

Really not a good idea to engage with scams like this - they are not only trying to get money from you, but bank account details so they can steal your identity. Whether they get money from the account or not, you could still be asking for trouble! If you respond, then there's a good chance your email address will be targeted for other scams.

Hi MrsT

I wouldnt risk it.
Why wouldnt you have internet banking if you work on a oilrig.
They spend heaps of time off shore & earn very good money!
How will he buy & pay bills ect.
Why does he need your email that you use to sign up to PayPal with?

Sounds very suss!

Ja

That link to PayPal is legit. It is the homepage. As soon as you start doing this with your account, it becomes secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back