Computer stuff help needed please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuppyandjess

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Anyone here computer literate & willing to give me a hand please?
I'm a computer moron .. so it will help if you're a reasonalby patient person too :)

I have a blog on "blogger". I created it about 4 years ago & then did nothing with it, partly because I locked myself out of it ... sigh. Anyway I recently got in again & ... trashed it accidentally!!!
I'm devestated. I'm an aritist & the look of the blog was gorgeous. It took me forever & a day to get it exactly the way I wanted it (I am also compulsive & a perfectionist :)) & it was just the cats pj's.
Now I can't figure out how to get it back to what it was :(

I think what happened was that when I went to blogger it said "do you want to try one of our goovey new templates?" & I went & has a look ... & my itchy fingers pressed "apply to blog" not realizing that it was a pemanent & irrevereable change I was making!!!!! I've spent the past few days trying to figure out how to restore the old look of it (I have very low computre skills I'm afraid) & have so far managed to select a "classic" template which most resembles the bare bones of what it used to look like. But I can't see how to add anything to those bare bones. I can see a place where I can choose to edit the html of my blog - but obvioulsy that is of no use to me. I must have been able to set it up in the first place using a simple method like they offer for the new templates - I remember doing it & while confusing & time consuming I managed to do it. I am wondering if they have made the "classic" templates obsolete now so only peole who are willing to write html can use/change them?

Can anyone figure out what I'm talking about here? I'm tyring desperately to set up a business from home (I live in a relatively remote & isolated area) & this is a major blow :( I've destroyed the beautiful "shop front" I had, which was vital to my work :(

Anyone out there please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back