Cool blind snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vader

Reaction score
Hey there everyone, I'm as green as they get when it comes to computer chit chat stuff but I'm gunna give it a crack. Had ten years keeping catching and studying Aussie snakes, love em!!!!!Thought someone would be interested in seeing a Blind Snake ramphotyphlops proximus that I found on the Sunshine coast QLD. Huge diversity of snakes in the area, I'll try to show a few pics of others i've caught as well.

Nice shots, Thanks for sharing:D

Does anybody in Australia keep blind snakes on license?

that 3rd dosent look blind lol is there such things as blind lizards ???

sorry, only first two are blind snakes others are a wild caught carpet and as ryanharvey1993 blind snake hater sujested lol :D an eastern small eyed snake and last is a copper head. Oh and at the end is my boof head.

Last edited:
I have a few of Big carpets ( one trying to tag me ) Some red bellies, browns, and some of my own captive bread stock. Will find and post. You got any pics?

I was going for a drive with my partner some time ago, I saw a snake on the road, stopped, got out and said "It's a blind snake, come and look!". She thought it was a worm, but even after I pointed out that it had scales etc, she told me off for bothering to stop for such a boring animal. About half an hour later I saw another one, stopped, got out, told her it was another blind snake and she refused to get out and look at it, saying the worms in our garden are just as interesting and I never bother to look at those :lol: I told her not to touch the first one (not that she would have wanted to anyway :lol: ) and she thought it was venomous. When I told her it was because they stink so badly and they're non venomous she rolled her eyes and just hated them even more :lol:

Your hands must have stunk after those first two pictures were taken! :lol:

Post some pictures of some other snakes :)

y is everyone hatin on the blind? is it coz they smell?? i have never even heard of them lol

smell like?
they look less scary then a normal snake to me, which would be a good snake for me lol

smell like?
they look less scary then a normal snake to me, which would be a good snake for me lol

They live underground and look like worms. If you like you could keep some worms and pretend! No license required, and the slime washes off much more easily than blindsnake smell!

Keep in mind that whether it's blindsnakes or worms, a tub of dirt will look pretty boring! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back