Cool Spencers Pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought him for $300 which is very cheap, I can remember them at $700 a few years back.
Still selling around $500 from most people at the moment.

How cool is that! great timing, i love the tongue flick. real cute.....now. :D

Nice one Adam! Fanastic monitor.
Makes me tempted to get into them. If only I had the space! LOL!

Neil

very nice spencers ad but one question how big do they get? and also are they happy to be handled? as i have seen a fair few pics of them on a leash.

nice one
wish i had the time and the cash to keep them as well

Ricko,

I have two full size spencers. I will try and post some pics. If you handle them regulary they become very tame. I regulary use mine in my Reptile Shows :D

Hey Bob,
Is that the same guy (Erwin) that was in the pics you posted here on APS not long ago. Because, the guy with the Spencers is the fella who did your reptile display at Lake Fair (the show I was telling you about).

Simon Archibald

Yes Simon, thats Erwin. He has been working for me for about 11 years.

Nice Spencers Bigguy, How long did it take to reach that size - 3-4 years?
They really are a choice monitor, smaller than lacieys but more attitude than the smaller ones.
I am handling my spencers daily, he still poops and puffs and actually tail whipped me yesterday, but I am being gentle and easy and hope to have him settle soon.
He is all show, I dont think he will bite at all. I cant wait til he is woofing back mice!
and til he fits a leash/harness.

very very nice bob but how big do they get?? 120cms or longer?

Ad, you have allready found their major weapon. The tail. As an adult they use it very well. When you hold them its not a bad idea to always keep one hand on the tail.

Last month while I was doing a school show mine nearly knock me out with a hit to the jaw. At other times they have swung low right into the groin. Now thats a treat you just dont want to miss.

You will get adult size(120 to 150cm) normally within 3 to 4 years with a good diet.

As for them biting. Mine have never tried nor have I every heard of one even trying. I wouldnt like to have one bite me, but they just dont try. Just watch the tail. They have Blackbelts in tail whipping

hehe blackbelts in tailwhipping. thanks bigguy, also do they like to climb branches or do they mainly just stay on the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back