corn snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I said the PROBLEM with cane toads has nothing to do with them;)

Quite obviously it does. The PROBLEM (As you put it) arose from the desire to get rid of/control them. However poor research led to an all new problem (Although not new now) to emerge from that negligence.

This "new" problem has very little to do with the beetles now though. I believe this is the point you are trying to make?

IsK

The problem with cane toads has nothing to do with beetles, it's the fact that they eat just about anything and have barely any predators here.

That is quite true.
It affects the whole food chain.There has been recent studies showing the increase in crocodile population.The cause was later discovered to be that Goannas (which usually eat alot of croc eggs) have been eating the cane toads and dying.So obviously the crocs population increases due to less predators.This is just one example, so what happens if we do introduce another foregin predator? (yes, i know some people have them secreted away already)

Oh, and corn snakes taste nothing like corn!!!!

Last edited:
back to first page is it really true that when corn snakes become adults they preduce poision on there skin coz a couple of weeks ago i went to a zoo and touched 1 and it looked like an adult. :shock:

Not making it legal to breed them, but make it legal for ones that are here already to be kept.

Kane

Kane,

There are a small handful of reptile keepers in NSW and Vic. who have some exotics on an Exotics License. These licenses were issued during an amnesty several years ago and will never be issued again. The licenses list exactly what exotics and how many of each the holder has. They cannot breed them, sell them or give them away. If they want to get rid of them, they have to give them to the authorities (who give them to another Exotics License Holder).

However, it has been found that some holders of Exotics Licenses will deliberately breed and sell the offspring.

So you can't say just issue licenses to hold, and expect people not to breed them, because they will. Licensing does nothing to help solve the problem, it only makes it the problem worse (while satisfying the desires of those that want to keep exotics).

:p

Hix

Hixxy, I promise if a license becomes available and I get a red tail boa (oh I wish I could) I promise I wont breed them :p

I reckon that no exotics should become legal unless very strict guidelines com into play....there are people who cant even take care of the most simple of reptiles cos there is no course to get the license,,,so could you imagine a group of amatures or people who dont really care about the animals or environment, having exotic pets!!!?

If they escaped or were let go into the wild if the owner lost interest....the effects would be disasterous on the environment.....If we cant learn from the pests we have now then we are being very ignorent and its not good enough....
The environment shouldnt be jerperdised because "we" want a couple more different species to keep.....its just not good enough...and there are plenty in australia already

Also you cant solve the problem of black market animals just by legalising it....thats the slack way out...and weve been slack for too long

thats my little winge and i hope people can understand my point and consider it....

Jaguar jungles and Malaysian blood pythons r illegally available already and nothing anyone can do abt it.....I recon the government should realize this and just legalize them cos then they would have more control over what’s coming into this country and I would luv to have some of them....... The only thing keeping me off is I would loose my collection and my license if I got into trouble........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back