corn snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also a bunch of heroin and cocaine already in the country, lets make that legal while we are at it.:shock:

Keeping exotic snakes doesn't make you go off your nut and loose it and spend all your money on them and get addicted .. oh wait.

I don't see why people compare drugs and exotics? We are trying to find away to make everyone happy and be able to keep these exotics that ARE here already, not get everyone overdosed.

Kane

Keeping exotic snakes doesn't make you go off your nut and loose it and spend all your money on them and get addicted .. oh wait.

I don't see why people compare drugs and exotics? We are trying to find away to make everyone happy and be able to keep these exotics that ARE here already, not get everyone overdosed.

Kane

I wasn't comparing drugs and exotics, just trying to show how sound the argument of "they are already here, so lets make them legal'' is.

POPCORN PLZ.... go jungle go jungle lol sorry im not helping am i????

I'm with the "why bother with exotics" people co swe have awesome snakes....

Although seems there was no arguement from mrspike on inks post????

Yes they are here.... perhaps we need a process of finding them and sending them back or to zoo's wildlife parks etc that are alot more effective than the ones that we have in place....

Sorry this post seems a bit scattered.... like my head today....damn ppl on holidays making my job twice as hard lol...

Ok no more talking for me....

Yeah cane toads were researched too and we have rabbits foxes etc, NO to exotics and the nasties they bring with them like OPMV

They were just introduced, foxes and rabbits were released here just for sport, cane toads where here to help with farming. They obviously didn't research the toads if they didn't know that the beetles and the toads have different seasons (I'm 90% sure thats the reason why they didn't work out). OPMV and IBD are already here? Maybe if we legalize exotics we can find out where it is coming from and stop it? Every decision that society makes will effect something else, no matter what.

What do we know? We know exotics are here, we know they are popular, we know there is a demand for them, we know we wont get rid of them, and we know the plan of action now isn't working. So what can we do to fix this? Make them legal, get a number out there for them all, get a licensing system going before someone gets hurt, before they are out of control and there is nothing we can do. You guy's are thinking of the cure, we are thinking of the prevention.

Kane

They were just introduced, foxes and rabbits were released here just for sport, cane toads where here to help with farming. They obviously didn't research the toads if they didn't know that the beetles and the toads have different seasons (I'm 90% sure thats the reason why they didn't work out). OPMV and IBD are already here? Maybe if we legalize exotics we can find out where it is coming from and stop it? Every decision that society makes will effect something else, no matter what.

What do we know? We know exotics are here, we know they are popular, we know there is a demand for them, we know we wont get rid of them, and we know the plan of action now isn't working. So what can we do to fix this? Make them legal, get a number out there for them all, get a licensing system going before someone gets hurt, before they are out of control and there is nothing we can do. You guy's are thinking of the cure, we are thinking of the prevention.

Kane

The problem with cane toads has nothing to do with beetles, it's the fact that they eat just about anything and have barely any predators here.
Yes OPMV and IBD are here but how on earth is legalising exotics going to help in the fight?
Even if exotics were legalised there will still be a black market just as there is for native pythons, it will only futher increase their number and the problems they bring. Having some on license won't solve anything it will only make things worse.

The problem with cane toads has nothing to do with beetles, it's the fact that they eat just about anything and have barely any predators here.
Yes OPMV and IBD are here but how on earth is legalising exotics going to help in the fight?
Even if exotics were legalised there will still be a black market just as there is for native pythons, it will only futher increase their number and the problems they bring. Having some on license won't solve anything it will only make things worse.

Not making it legal to breed them, but make it legal for ones that are here already to be kept. There is a black market for everything, but what government is doing now obviously isn't working, why not give another option a shot?

Kane

geez, i went to sleep and look what i missed, i cant even be bothered reading this atm lol

my little tawny is sick and thought it would be best if i slept that way i wuldnt b thinking bout it:( insted had crazy dreams, aint doing that again

my little tawny is sick and thought it would be best if i slept that way i wuldnt b thinking bout it:( insted had crazy dreams, aint doing that again

i have plenty of dreams like that lol. hope your tawny gets better...

The problem with cane toads has nothing to do with beetles

Hmm. So the fact they were introduced 70 odd years ago to control the scarab beetle isn't correct?

Or what about that when the beetles larvae are about there are no cane toads about?

or that they can't jump high enough to get the adult beetles?

IsK

Hmm. So the fact they were introduced 70 odd years ago to control the scarab beetle isn't correct?

Or what about that when the beetles larvae are about there are no cane toads about?

or that they can't jump high enough to get the adult beetles?

IsK

I know they were introduced to control the cane beetle, but even if they ate the cane beetle into extinction they would still be a huge problem due to the fact they eat just about anything and have little population control.

I know they were introduced to control the cane beetle, but even if they ate the cane beetle into extinction they would still be a huge problem due to the fact they eat just about anything and have little population control.

Yes I know that however you stated that they had nothing to do with cane toads.

IsK

No, I said the PROBLEM with cane toads has nothing to do with them;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back