Could I get a Snake ID please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kallen

Reaction score
My kids just found this in the back yard. Could anyone give me an ID on it?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 75
Its a common green tree snake (Dendrelaphis punctulata)
Its harmless the only thing it can do is give you a bite nothing bad.

Its a beauty!
Where did you find it??

Harmless and a nice looking snake! Good to see you've ask first and hopefully haven't run for a shovel. As you're probably aware they are very flighty and would have moved like lightning to get away from you.

Where did you find it??

We're in Northen NSW. It's been spotted a few times around the yard going up and down the fence line. This was the first time we've had it comes across the yard about a meter from where the kids were playing. Just thought it was rather brazen or are green tree snakes rather placid?

Thanks for the replies all.

Green Tree Snakes are not very placid, they're very fast moving and will do almost anything to avoid human interaction. They are a beautiful looking snake and you're lucky to have one hanging around, congrats.

Here's a link to some more info.

Green Tree Snakes are not very placid, they're very fast moving and will do almost anything to avoid human interaction

Strange this one hung around while we all looked at it. I had time to run back to the house and grab the camera. Hadn't moved by the time I got back. It moved away slowly while I was taking the photos.

Good to see you've ask first and hopefully haven't run for a shovel

Only harm done was not asking the snake if we could take a photo :)

Cool GTS are great If you look at my pic that's our little boy being fed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back