Could someone please identify?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have said textilis by the head but having no spots on it's belly has thrown me. Could still be textilis I guess

Just had a look at google maps, given the location it must be nuchalis? Not suppose to be textillis there according to my distribution maps

quick glance it's similar to a keelback, but obviusly isn't. has me stumped tho, not familiar with southern elapids. did you get a more side on pic of the head, possibly closer to by any chance?

more pics

hope these help:D

Attachments

• Christmas 2008 120.jpg
    Christmas 2008 120.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Christmas 2008 122.jpg
    Christmas 2008 122.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Christmas 2008 118.jpg
    Christmas 2008 118.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 103
Pseudonaja inframacula,
Peninsula Brown Snake.

Common around the Eyre Peninsula, hence its common name.

Its Pseudonaja inframaculata, the Peninsular Brown. I found really good captives but the male ate my girl.

Cheers,
Scott

Come on Scott, they are just Pseudonaja inframacula!

They are definitely very good captives...I miss working with them and hope to get some in the future. They are also incredible variable...everything from jet black all over, to black and brown speckles, to fully blotched with orange highlights.

Stunning snake!
My mate's dad has one a Peninsula Brown, first time I've seen one other then his ever!
Thanks for sharing:)
Shame he was hit by a car though

Ben.

"Great Scott!" I remember those inframaculata! Picked uproad kill textilis to day and found that it had consumed another smaller textills! Will post pics when I can work out how/get help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back