Couple Of Inverts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just bought these 2 ladies for my wife, aren't they great?

Ceratogyrus bechuanicus (Greater Horned Baboon)

3928t1.jpg

Aphonopelma seemanni (Costa Rican Zebra)

3928t3.jpg

Naa she loves them. She spent like an hour watching them today. Funny thing is though, she's never really handled one. We'll be doing that tomorrow with our Rosey Hair.

You handle your rosey hair? Or your wifes?

I handle the rosey. Meaghan picked her up today and she was great. They're so gentle. The two I posted thought, different story. The baboon is small and very aggressive and fast. Their venom is nasty. Zebras are really jumpy, and not good to handle.

I just bought my wife a few more tarantulas. I got her 2 Pink Toes and a Usumbara Red Baboon (big a$$ spider). She'll be thrilled when they get here. I can't wait to see how they're shipped, I have to send 10 Pink Toe spiderlings to Malaysia.

Kev they are some nice tarantula's.
Have you got a few in the collection?

I own A few of the bird-eating spiders and they are great pets.
The species i have kept Are the Selenotypus Plumipes,S.crassipes and the S.stirlingi.
All where great but my recently deceased plumipes was my fav as she was big and quite docile.
All of which i did not handle they were to crazy for that.

i gather you can import/export spiders aswell.
Can you get Australian bird eaters over there?
We are not allowed same deal with reptiles.

These are some tarantula's i would love to own,the mexican red rumps,redleg and redknee's,Thailand cobult blue(Haplopelma lividum),And i think they are from trinidad they are called the suntiger tarantula(Psalmopoeus irminia)and also Sri-lankan ornamental(Poecilotheria fasciata) really i could go on.

Kev they are some nice tarantula's.
Have you got a few in the collection?

I own A few of the bird-eating spiders and they are great pets.
The species i have kept Are the Selenotypus Plumipes,S.crassipes and the S.stirlingi.
All where great but my recently deceased plumipes was my fav as she was big and quite docile.
All of which i did not handle they were to crazy for that.

i gather you can import/export spiders aswell.
Can you get Australian bird eaters over there?
We are not allowed same deal with reptiles.

These are some tarantula's i would love to own,the mexican red rumps,redleg and redknee's,Thailand cobult blue(Haplopelma lividum),And i think they are from trinidad they are called the suntiger tarantula(Psalmopoeus irminia)and also Sri-lankan ornamental(Poecilotheria fasciata) really i could go on.

We're just getting started with spiders. I might pick up A. versicolour for my wife and maybe a Thai Tiger. I'm not sure what Aussies we can get here, being new to tarantula collecting. I'll check. All the ones you've mentioned I can get. I really want some of the ornimentals and some cobalt blues. Not too sure what else I'll be getting as far as spiders go, I'm trying to buy this guys Sulawesi Retic so we'll see how far my expendable cash goes.

Would love to see some pics of your Tarantuals. So would my wife. We are looking forward to the day when we get T. blondi (Goliath Bird Eater).

Gesus you guys are nuts!!!! soon as I see a spider ill kill it, especially if its big and Hairy. Nice to Admire from a distance though, your's have nice colours!! My sister used to have a Huge Ass Bird eating spider, was pretty cool to watch at times...from across the other side of the room.

Nah they are fine.
Great pets just be careful that they don't stick their wickered fangs into ya.
You would know about it that is for sure.
I don't free handle mine at all I only use my spoon and a peanut butter jar to get them in and out of the enclosure when i clean.

I love their signs of aggression.Their hissing,hairs stand right front legs up fangs showing it is enough for me to say that is enough for today.

Looking a funnel web spider only seen a couple in captivity.Any form.

Kev i will try and get some pics to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back