Cricket Breeding......it begins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah usually DiamondAsh i just get the adult beardies out and they knock of the giant buggers....but being angry at the fact i spent so much effort into the setup......i dealt with the bugger myself :)

Depends on a few things, i'm finding anyways.
Basically depends on variety and quantity of feed available and heat.
In my case, kept at a steady 30deg, given carrot lettuce dogfood and fish flakes 2-3 times a week.........its been about a 4-6 week cycle roughly (from pinheads to adult size).

I'd be looking to speed it up further but fish flakes aint exactly cheap. The more i give them of it the faster they grow.

The food doesn't completely get consumed mind you 2-3 times a week but i change it over none the less mainly to keep it reasonably fresh for them......and compost the used.

i know this is a very late post by like 2 years.. but. its 55 days from pinhead to adult.

Just to reiterate - be careful of ants with pinheads. My one and only attempt to breed crickets ended when I went out to the shed to check my tub one morning.
I was disturbed to see a line of ants marching into the tub. Took the lid off and couldn't believe my eyes. Wholesale slaughter. No crickets left in one piece.
The ants were cutting them up and carrying off body parts. Totally wiped out my crickets. These were only ordinary black ants as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back