Croc hunting - 60 minutes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did you see the show on abc about dragons sat night - excellent photography

just finished on the eastern seaboard.

he's right, im sad to say. the principle of it is shocking but something like it is the only real long term solution i think. as long as its regulated anyway

what did everyone think of them showing the shooting of that croc ?

Go to the 60 minutes website, and go to the chatroom...should be interesting.

ad said:
did you see the show on abc about dragons sat night - excellent photography
Saw that, the frillies at the beginning were fantastic, but there was a bit to much computer manipulation for my liking. Like the frilly, watching the whistling kite (which turned into an osprey, which in turn turned into a little eagle) and I think the goanna chasing the dragon was super imposed.

Intresting arguments going on in 60 minutes chatroom, mostly commercial arguments though.

What a joke. Webb is now saying that in the last 30years since the Crocs were protected on the verge of extinction, that they are now in greater numbers than when white man first came to this country.

How could Croc numbers be as high in just 30 years, than all the millions of years they lived here without major preditors. Just think about it.

He's also stating that the money raised from shooting them is their only chance of survival. I was under the impression that they were already the NT"S most valuable tourism attraction, and that people all over the world came to Australia to see them.

I am dead against Big White Hunters shooting our native animals for dollars

Yeah I agree Bob,

I know Graeme, and he is a top bloke and definetly one of the best croc people world wide, he is one of the people I look up to and he definetly has my respect. However this time I think he has got it wrong.

Who was the stupid American cow, the one shot the croc?

She said the dumbest thing. Basically it was:

Big crocs would cost more to shot because they are rarer. As long as we don't effect the breeding population theres nothing wrong with it.

With any luck a croc will get her, i'd be their cheering him on :)

It's wrong in so many ways, not just the shooting but the fact that they would be fat rich pricks from the US and wherever else. These people think the whole world is there for their enjoyment, no matter what country it's in.

Im not against it as long as it is a properly managed resource.

As a comparison, African elephants and other big/dangerous game would be extinct/critically endangered if it wasnt for these rich US hunters. The tens of thousands of dollars trophy price is used for conservation of these animals.

When Webb said they are in greater numbers now is he talking about in the wild or raw numbers(farmed crocs included)? Also realise that white man brought pigs here which are a main food source for crocs.
Not saying Webb was right, just trying to clarify the facts.

cheers

Jonny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back