croc sunning himself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! your lucky to have one as a pet. Wish i could get one LOL

Whoa, how big is he going to get?

I didnt realise you could keep crocs, great pics by the way.

Someone else who keeps a decent sized salty, finally. How big is s/he

you can keep crocs in VIC under a advanced licence, he can get to about 7 metres, although i doubt he will get that big while under my care. need a special permit for them over 2.5 metres or so i herd from somewhere.hes only about 90cms at the moment. the freshies(which i dont have any pics of here) will only get to about 2 -3 metres, but are much much smaller then this one (25cms)

big enough to cover a handbag and a pair of shoes at least.......

at the croc farm they kill them off and turn them into shoes and handbags etc at about 1.8 metres when their skin is still soft enough and manuverable enough to work with. after that their skin gets tough. this one was freighted down from the crocodile park in darwin. so hes been saved from becoming an accessorie:)

got a pic of how you have this outdoor enclosure set up, I might build one

its just puppy run fencing with a tub of water in the corner, nothing special but it does the job, pegged the bottom of the fence to the ground because he figured out how to get under it, now im just waiting for him to figure out he can jump. i went through a couple that he managed to get out of before i found one that works, you really need to watch them for a while to make sure they cant get out, mine still walks around the sides of the fence looking for a weak spot. the fence at this height will only last for about a year or so, then ill have to build a bigger fence. currently working on something for the freshies, so far its not escape proof.

Last edited:
at the croc farm they kill them off and turn them into shoes and handbags etc at about 1.8 metres when their skin is still soft enough and manuverable enough to work with. after that their skin gets tough. this one was freighted down from the crocodile park in darwin. so hes been saved from becoming an accessorie:)

where does your crocodile go when your finished with it??? Croc farms skin larger crocs too, their called "Trophy skins" and may be stuffed whole or if not the best quality, cut up and sold as various things in the gift shop. Esp being a male, I'm guessing the over all outlook for handed back pet crocs isn't rosy? Not that I have any problem with it or the croc industry, I like croc meat.

I'm hoping that I can have a set up good enough that my croc's will be willed to the kids rather then given to the farms :p

well, im not going to finish with it, im gonna get the needed permits and keep it. got the land so thats not a problem. and if for some reason i cant get the needed permits then he will go to a nature park or something like that. idont have anything against farming crocs, i wouldnt eat their meat or buy their products though, most if not all of the crocs from the crocodile farms are breed to be male because they grow faster.

im gonna have to move to vic so i can have a croc,

I hope for your sake you happen to find a nature park looking for a croc, I bet their will be plenty of others in the same boat, and theres a limited number of nature parks looking for small crocs. Is it up to the owner to find the animal a new home?

not likly to need one because i should get the permits no probs, but my friend has a 1.86 metre croc which they are giving to a nature park soon, the enclosure is being built for it at the moment. they didnt seem to have to much of a problem. yes its up to the owner to find the animal a new home, there was a freshie in the trading post last week, they usually get snapped up pretty quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back