Crocodiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crocodiles are never easy to keep, no matter how long you have been keeping them. They are always very prone to stress, and can suffer from some unique health problems. They are nothing like monitors at all, if you have to ask that.. well then you shouldnt even think about keeping one imo! Not having a go at you personally, im sure once you have researched em a bit, you will be quite capable of keeping them. I just see people always talking about how much they would want to have one, when they dont know anything at all about their basic husbandry, let alone long term. I do know of a good caresheet for crocs, its a good guide for all species of crocodillians! Ill see if i can find it tonight for ya's.

Don't need to keep them here they used to be a stone throw away but have been culled out although a half hour drive i can go watch them safely in the wild go figure and we can't keep crocs where they come from seems very strange indeed???

Yeah browns,- dont need to keep them here, theres a 14 footer just down the road that I can go and play with when ever I get to bored with me snakes.
I agree with brodie thou, they do stress alot in captivity, have kept freshies and a salty before when managing a display and they do not like to be the center of attention, they realy perfer and need to be left alone as much as possible.
Rob

can anyone shed some light on or share some of their keeping experiences? I am aware that we can't keep them but are fascinated :)

Used to be green turtles that nested on the beach here many years ago also which used to come and lay their clutch yearly but was all bulldozered and stuffed the ecology right up, :evil: as well as new marinas stopping stopping currents from laying sand on the beach which we used to wate ski on and is know just rocks,there was a natural reef with huge barra and Sspanish mackerel and all sorts.They're still around but noowhere near as many and the very small but still important part of reef was wrecked for developement...it sux!

Crocs are back on the increase in certain areas now the culling has stopped too.Best way to learn about crocs for a start is go and watch a croc display and you will lear plenty.

If they were housed outside in summer brodes and fed on an exclusive diet of cats would the micro chips be harmful or just be passed through with faeces.? :D

Oldfella, hopefully they would be retained, trapped in the folds of the digestive tract. That way, if you lose your records, you just run a microchip scanner over the croc to see how much you've been feeding him! :lol:

:p

Hix

smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back