Cross Stitchchers or crafty people here?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mertle

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm an avid crafty person (when I get time!)

I was wondering if there are any others on this site at all?

Would love a chat and perhaps a bit of trading??

I actually have for give away this Frog cross stitch.

it's on 14 count aida and measures 29cm x 22cm finished, all the cottons are there and of course the material.

it's been started but only a little in the middle,

So! any cross stitchers interested in it i'll be happy to post it to you,

Share the fun!!

Kerri
hehehehehe

here is a pic of it taken on my web cam so not great quality!!

photo_25-20071023-105124.jpg

hey Mertle i'm a crafty person i cross, long stich an i knit i also have scrap books and i have done lots of other things and i'm going to learn how to use a sewing machine!

I'm a metal smith/jeweller, and went to art school, so i guess i'm arty/crafty:)

I dont cross stitch but i do do some Origami out of pure silver sheet
ben

pics

First pic is of origami shot glasses made of silver, copper and Mokume Gane( Japanese technique of layering metals and cutting into the layers to get a pattern similar to wood grain)/..

Second is just a Mokume Gane and silver pendant..

I'm at work so these are the only shots i've got at the moment:)

Attachments

• cupsa.jpg
    cupsa.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 143
  • pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 138
At the moment i'm taking a bit of a break.... Will have some work in the power hose museum shop as part of the diana exhibition in november, and will have some work for sale in a gallery called Gaffa at surrey hills..

don't have a website yet but getting one together soon...

ben

I would love that one Mertle... very nice cross stitch pattern

I used to Cross Stitch....
But now it is Scrapbooking....making use of all the photos that I have not had time to put away in the albums-plus all the new photos we have...
Once upon a time I did alot of craft - but time is a big problem- spend tooooo much of it on this site - ha ha....

I got payment for my first hand-stitched t-shirt sale today!! Yay!!

I don't cross stitch or anything but all my tees & bags are hand stitched so that's gotta count for something right?! haha...

Well the kit has gone to cmclean!

I hope she enjoys doing it!!!

And she has promised to show us all when it's finished, which will be sooner than I would have ever got it done!

and Well done Erin on your tees! I think that's great, any pics????

Yeh but I'm at work at the moment. They are all on my myspace too though myspace.com/erin_jane_creations

i paint.... kinda! :)

well i paint.... if u can call it that.... hahaha

i dont think i am very good... its just my stress releif, if and when i get time.... very abstarct, this pic is not too good cos of the flash but its the only photo of my stuff i have atm.

sorry mertle i couldnt stich anything to save myself!!

bump73 your silver work is ace!! i would love to c some more! heh will u make things to order when ur not on break???

but i like this idea of sharing arty stuff anyone else??

That's a cool pic slinkee!

I think most people don't think their handywork is up to scratch but others like it,

My niece started doing paintings and selling them on Ebay, sells every one she puts up!,

I cross stitch when I have nothing better to do.

Here is a Dragon I finished a few years back, another dragon I pick up in my spare time and am stitching onto the leg of a pair of jeans and a photo that I turned into a pattern and am slowly working my way through.

Attachments

• full (Medium).jpg
    full (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 94
  • jeansdragon (Medium).jpg
    jeansdragon (Medium).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 92
  • xgracefull2 (Medium).jpg
    xgracefull2 (Medium).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.