dainty tree frog taddies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goanna

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi i have a tank full of dainty tree frog taddies. i have a book and it says to feed them frozen endive but i was wondering what all of you feed yours

Hi goanna,
Im just wondering, are you going to sell them i'm trying to buy a pair? And i agree with python they love boiled lettuce.

2x Red eyes

we found them in temporary waters behind our tank so we caught as many qas we could so they wouldnt die then we will release them once they turn into morphs. but we will keep a few so maybe

we found them in temporary waters behind our tank so we caught as many qas we could so they wouldnt die then we will release them once they turn into morphs. but we will keep a few so maybe

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/nature_conservation/wildlife/regulations/buying_and_selling_reptiles/
Frogs

1. People who do not have any form of licence to take, keep or use wildlife can take frogs from the wild. However, the frog must be on the person's land and be for their personal use (i.e. the animal cannot be sold). People can keep up to eight common frogs (other than tadpoles) or up to two common frogs (other than tadpoles) of the same species.

Any offspring must be released within seven days of its metamorphosis. It must be released in accordance with the Code of Practice — Captive Reptile and Amphibian Husbandry.

Last updated: 05 January 2006

oh its legal to look after them without a licence. lol i thought we were breakin the law and we are going to release them. thanks

I feed my tadpoles meat(invert and vertebrate), algae, waterplants and fish food mostly. It will probably vary from species to species but many will thrive on a high protein diet and it seems to make them larger tadpoles and therefor larger stronger morphs.

They will also eat frozen or boiled lettuce(and other stuff) but i dont really see the point as normal algae would be just as good IMO.

if any one has any tadpoles or frogs on license for sale please pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back