Darwin, Litchfield NP & Katherine- Feb. 2010

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_m

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My husband had a business trip to Katherine in Feb this year, so we decided to turn it into a bit of a holiday and spend some time in Litchfield NP.
But it rained like I have never before experienced, and only made it into the national park twice (and the second time we ended up soaking wet!)
But we still managed to see a few herps (though the only snakes we saw were a DOR gwarda and olive python)

Me holding "Wally" the bearded dragon at Crocasaurus Cove
IMG_2702.jpg

Holding "Jellybean" the northern blue tongue
IMG_2703.jpg

And "Squeeze" the childrens python
IMG_2705.jpg

Very cute
IMG_2707.jpg

This little lorikeet flew out of a tree and on to the chair I was sitting on at our motel in Katherine. I thought "gosh the wildlife here s friendly", until one of the staff there started talking to "Gromit", who turned out to be the companion of a maltese x named "Wallace", who belonged to the manager of the hotel
IMG_2723.jpg

Katherine Gorge in flood. Fresh water croc
IMG_2728.jpg

A skink at Katherine Gorge. ID anyone?
IMG_2732.jpg

Another ? skink at the Gorge
IMG_2739.jpg

And another ???
IMG_2752.jpg

Then it started sweeping down
IMG_2755.jpg

And that continued for the next week
IMG_2786.jpg

A gecko eating a moth, possibly Gehya australis
IMG_2799.jpg

We ended up with up to 4 of these in our bathroom every morning while staying at Batchelor, often covered in cobwebs (from coming down through the ceiling vent), which I very gently removed before releasing them in the bush.
IMG_2800.jpg

Can anyone identify this gecko?
IMG_2819.jpg

Asian House Gecko
IMG_2820.jpg

A big green tree frog in the rain at the Batchelor Butterfly farm, where we stayed
IMG_2837.jpg

2 of them...
IMG_2839.jpg

Getting it on
IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Possibly a desert tree frog
IMG_2844.jpg

Another frog I couldnt identify
IMG_2850.jpg

Not the best shot I know, but I saw heaps of these yet every time we stopped the car they disapeared before I could even get out.
So this was the best I could do, before he shot up the tree.
Was suprised how bright orange this guy was
IMG_2881.jpg

These were every where in Katherine
IMG_2896.jpg

With a little croc at Crocadylus park (was disappointed that the only snakes they had @ Crocadylus were boa's and corn snakes)
IMG_2918.jpg

Hawksbill turtles @ Crocadylus
IMG_2926.jpg

Smile:)

IMG_2931.jpg

i am soooo jealous... that is the holiday of my dreams !!!
Was pretty good but frustrating as all hell! We went herping almost every night when it wasnt raining, and found nothing but cane toads! Even on warm, humid nights when there should have been herps everywhere we had no luck. I so badly wanted to see a python of some sort!!!!!!

I thought I'd add acouple of pics I took at Crocosaurus Cove last August. Fair chance we're holding the same Childrens

IMGP2714.jpgIMGP2775.jpgIMGP2779.jpgIMGP2742.jpg
IMGP2766.jpg

I thought I'd add acouple of pics I took at Crocosaurus Cove last August. Fair chance we're holding the same Childrens
Ha Ha, Looks like it. How good is Crocasaurus cove? Thats a great pic of the albino olive. I have tried twice to get a good photo of that one but it was always at the back of the enclosure. Thanks for sharing. Any one else have photos from the Top End to share?

Croc Cove was awesome. I guess I was lucky with the Olive that it was up the front then. I've got plenty more but didn't want to overtake your thread, but here are a couple of Litchfield anyway

IMGP3149.jpgIMGP3157.jpgIMGP3140.jpgIMGP3179.jpgand what would a top end trip be without a Croc pic

IMGP3073.jpg

great pics like the asain house gekos there in every single house in the philippines some quite big somehow with our super tough customs they have spread here too ive seen them in houses here in brisbane like the monitor climbing the tree too

Love the 2nd last pic Danielle, so cute!

So can anyone help me out with the ID for the skinks, gecko's and frog?????

the first skink is carlia munda
the 2nd dont know
the third a cryyptoblepharus sp.
your gecko is an asian house gecko
and the frogs are litoria rubella
except the last which i think is litoria rothi

gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back