Depressed Beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FROGGIESrCUTEo_O

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a male Eastern beardie who is 4 yo and lately he has been acting almost depressed lately....

Usually he is very alert and active in his enclosure at this time of year, is very interested in whats happening outside his enclosure, and is feeding happily.
But lately he has been the opposite.
I'm thinking that it may be because his cagemate and breeding partner died last year and this is the first breeding season alone and mabye he's a bit bored and lonely....

I was also wondering if I would be able to get another lizard in with him, making sure it would be a female though, and if he would fight it.

Jess

What are the temperatures, and does he access to UV? I've never heard of a bearded becoming despressed or lovesick from a cagemate dying.

the temps are about 35 at day in the warm end, and 20 at night.
Yes he does have U.V aswell.

35 is to cold.. bump it upto 40, and the only 'friend' they need is you not another beardie.

My 5yr old male gets pretty depressed when i take his females away.so it could very well be depression from something.

Dave94 said:
35 is to cold.. bump it upto 40, and the only 'friend' they need is you not another beardie.

35-40C in the warm end is ideal. If it's 35C in the warm end, then it's more likely much warmer in the hot spot.

try giving him a change of scene, put him on a windowsill (obviously with a flycreen) 4 a few hours a day so he can look out.

My male seems depressed in his cage, but is fine when he has the bedroom/bed/pillow as a ramp to the windowsill access to himself. :)

hi jess hope clank gets better soon as he is sooooooooooooooooo cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back