Desert Critters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As the temp drops and winter starts to set in I thought I'd put up some pics of animals from a warmer clime.

I've been out to the Simpson Desert a few times, twice last year. Here are a few highlights.

_DSC4567.jpg

Spinifex Pigeon

_DSC4737.jpg

Cane-grass Dragon.

_DSC4745.jpg

Notoden nichollsi

_DSC4914.jpg

Eastern Hooded Scaley-Foot

_DSC5859.jpg

Young gouldii

_DSC5872.jpg

Short-tailed Goanna

_DSC6033.jpg

Budgies

_DSC5593.jpg

Camels

_DSC5848.jpg

Bogged Car

I love going out there. Cold winters here in Sydney make me want to head north.

-H

Haha, i was trenched in mud on the weekend, can be a bastard sometimes.

Nice pictures, i'd love to go herping in the desert.

Very nice pictures Henry, particularly like the one of the Budgies. It's definatly a part of the country that I would love to see and hopefully soon have a chance to herp.

Im wachn the rain outside my house now an getn so pumped for headn to Tully this thyursday night!Great pics mate i like that Gouldie!!!!

Nice pics Henry, what settings was the budgie shot taken on (looks like full sun + flash)? I still struggle with birds and when I finally get it right they're long gone.

Terrific photos and subjects, Henry. I always love to view your reports. Where are you off to next?

Regards,
David

Jordo, The flash was definitely fired as the perch we'd set up next to the water bowl was in the shade.
Exposure Time: 1/250
Aperture: f/13.0
ISO Equiv.: 200
Exposure comp: -1/3

Tim, Birds are very challenging subjects. Getting good pictures of some bird species is incredibly hard.

David,
Sorry about this thread then! Just a few photos with no narrative. I've been fairly busy putting up photos on my pbase website.
i'm about to head up to the Kimberley for the annual surveys! Just as it's getting cold down here, I can't wait.

-Henry

Awesome shots Neffertiti!
The frog pic looks funny as! Like some weird little alien thing out of MIB or something lol. Bird pics are also awesome, and fully loving the scaley-foot pic, thats one sexy aminal! :p

So are you the one with ur head in the car, or the shirtless one? lol. Kidding!.... Looks like it would have sucked to be you guys that day, as it looks pretty hot and pretty stuck...

I've seen schraderi before but they weren't quite like that one. Must be the black soil influence (it was from around Winton).

I was the one taking the photo when the car was bogged. When you wield the camera you seldom get pics of yourself.

-H

Very cool post. Lovely photos of some lovely animals. I especially like that P. schraderi, totally unlike any that I've seen in the wild!

I have a 2 megapixel point and shoot I found in the bush.

nah, just kidding...

I have a Nikon D300 with a few different lenses. I use a slave flash for most macro stuff as well.

-H

I have a 2 megapixel point and shoot I found in the bush.

nah, just kidding...

I have a Nikon D300 with a few different lenses. I use a slave flash for most macro stuff as well.

-H
Jees! for a second there i believed you.......Great Photos....I have a Cannon 450D but don't know how to use it very well.....I get better pics from my Fuji Fine Pics.

I always love seeing your posts H.. what is it you do again? Something awesome right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back