desert sand

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julespython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have searched all around town (ballarat) for some orange desert sand for my sand monitor enclosure and i cant find any and im not paying the pet shops 50 bucks for a little bag of it. i have heard of brick laying sand from bunnings that looks much the same as this desert sand that i am looking for, for 6 bucks for a 20kg bag which would be nice but they never have any in stock. so basically my question is does any one know where could get some 'orangy' desert looking sand for cheap? or maybe a website i can buy from.

thanks, jules

landscaping yards, they will usually let you fill up a plastic tub for a few bucks. some even let you fill one for free if they are nice on the day, seeing as they are used to selling by the ton

ballarat? drive about 25km out of town with a bucket and you'll find some!

Get some brickies sand from Bunnings mate.
It's usually already a bit damp, so just pop it in an enclosure and it will set like a rock.
Sandies LOVE digging, it's all they do all day, brickies sand will hold burrows like nothing else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back