Did Saint Patrick Really Banish Snakes From Irleand?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet their arn't any falklands, fancy fighting for an island with no snakes:lol:Seriously i doubt there were any in Ireland to begin with, the only time in recent history is when it was connected to britain it was covered in a huge glacier, then when it seperated Ireland was an island and it's too coldd for sea snakes.

I can just imagine them weighing up the situation. "Hmmmm, on the one hand, near total destruction of our native wildlife; on the other, no damned noisy birds at 4am. Oh yeah, we'll take some more BTS!".

tell me about it !

:lol::lol::lol: Gold!

It is also similar to the story of St George (England) slaying the dragon (Wales) Basically it is an analogy for the way the English have invaded and settled other nations, replacing a nationa's traditional faith and culture with Christianity, fish and chips and football hooliganism.

tell me about it i'm stuck with them as my next door neighbours.were still trying to repell them to this day.
cheers shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back