Different hides

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakes

Reaction score
I've nearly finished Bob's hide. It started out as a complete buffalo skull then I had to modify it. I made some cuts to allow the top to come off and to allow easy access to Bob. However he could still wedge himself in the nose cavity, so I split it lenght wise and put a hinge on it, now I can open it up and get him out real easy. The grey stuff around the hinge and on top of the skull is apoxy sculpt, an apoxy putty.
I'm concidering coating the inside with a polyurethane coating to fill up the cracks and smooth things out.

358882.jpg

358884.jpg

358885.jpg

I really like that hide. Unique, and suits the theme of your enclosure. Well done! Glad Bob likes it too! :D

I'm just glad you called it a Buffalo Skull this time instead of a Buff Skull so I know what you mean. :D But honestly mate, that is a lot of effort and well done. You have one very lucky snake.

Thanks guys.

Barney, A cow skull would be Ok as well. You have to clean out the nose cavity and I soaked it in a water/bleach solution before using. The white stuff is spack filler but I may chip it out and fill the holes and cavitys with something like auto body filler then cover with a polyurethane coating. I looked at a wild boar skull but it seemed a bit small, would be ok for a childrens hatchlings however. Next time I'm out hunting I'll get one for you :wink: :D

Peter,
Not much else to do in the wet season up here and it keeps me off the streets :lol: . I'm already planning my next enclosure for my little Darwin carpet I'm getting in the new year.

Yommy
She's going well. I let Axle out for a run around and he went over to her and the tail went up and he was strutting :lol: He doesn't realise she's been cut :roll: :D

Who & what is Scully? and are you from Darwin? & do you know my cousin Greg Smith?

Yommy and I live in the Katherine area. But I'am moving to Darwin in the new year, sorry mate, don't know your cousin.

Scully is Yommys dog, we are looking after her for him while he is on holidays.

scullydog is the best looking mutt in the territory getting looked after by australia's finest, if she was a snake she'd be a top of the line woma :)
Thanks for the update bakes but get axle to keep his distance or he'll answer to her dad :) lol

He can't go near anything still mate, he's still in isolation :(

Hey Reibes saw a big black head the other night. About 2 meters long he reckons 8) Tried to call Borgy for a pic but they wern't quick enough :roll:

Really nice looking hide. Expert hinge work on the skull, ever thought of doing hip replacements at the local hospital. There is a certain Hospital in Melbourne that could with some of your handy work. lol.

Bakes said:
Yommy and I live in the Katherine area. But I'am moving to Darwin in the new year, sorry mate, don't know your cousin.

Scully is Yommys dog, we are looking after her for him while he is on holidays.

I did Exercise K89 in Katherine. All I remember is 2 pubs. 1 with windows and the other with wire. Oh, and a gummy legged Goulds at the gorge who ate cooked sausages.

Katherine's come along way since 89 Peter, there's windows on both pubs now. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back