dingos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ace#74

Reaction score
does any one have a dingo as a pet are they aggressive and are they legal in nsw

My uncle used to, her name was lindy and she was awesome, best natured dog ever. not sure about the legality, it was awhile ago

Everything I have heard has said, they can be lovely but they can never be trusted. You don't turn your back on them when you have more than one.

they are wild by nature and instinct is to kill.. even if trained they cant really be fully domesticated and trusted so not best as a pet. but i dont know bout laws sorry!

i worked with dingoes when i lived up bush, they cannot be trained like a normal dog and i would never trust one especially around other dogs and children they are wild animals and should be treated as such

I had a friend and he had a Dingo cross something arother, I think that was quite a nice dog.

The crosses aren't quite the same, as they can be domesticated

just make sure you got 6ft high fences or it'll be gone! :shock:
and i also think they have to be in an enclosure type thing also
just for safety reasons

I used to think of of the dingo as a good animal (as a pet) for someone who can afford to spend the right amount of time with it, the epitomy of a "one owner dog" but I am sure there are many dingoes that can be trusted and, just like a domestic dog, there are many that cant.
I have seen domestic dingos that will die fighting for their young owners and these dogs can and will be trusted by their owners.
I used to own a x bred dingo bullterrier,(best dog ive had), But i wouldnt leave any young (under 7ish) kids around any dog big enough to rip their face off unattended by an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back