Diplodactylus Galeatus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyl3r

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone on here keep the Helmeted Geckos (diplodactylus galeatus) species?
Are they hard to keep? What are their requirements i.e enclosure, heating, feeding, lighting, breeding, etc?
I am struggling to find information on these guys, and the information I have found has been different.

Thanks,
Tyler

And I quote/paraphrase from Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards:

Enclosures at 30cmx30cm are quite adequate for a pair or trio but an elongated cage 40cmx30cm may be easier to establish a temperature gradient in. The temp gradient in summer should range from the mid twenties up to 28c-30c at the hot end, this can be dropped to 24c during the day and 17c at night during winter.

Feed any commercially available insects a couple times a week.They breed in the normal spring/summer timetable and can have multiple clutches a year.

I just skimmed it and didn't see much about lighting per se but you should be able to figure it out.

You can try Herpbooks who are a sponsor on here, alternatively go onto geckodan.com and get his book on keeping gecko's, I've heard good things about that book. Yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back