Do blue tongues get stressed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeJT

Reaction score
My son purchased a 2week old blue tongue today and bought it home, put it into a reptile tank and it seemed ok. It wasn't moving around much and then started to but was rolling around on it's back a lot. He placed a small towel in the tank and the lizard crawled into it and seemed comfy. Twenty mins later when he went back down to check on it, it was not moving and had died. I am wondering if it may have been really stressed-was transported in box to our home(trip over 1hr), then put in tank with lighting for warmth etc. he is really distressed by this. Can anyone offer any ideas as to why it may have died?

Thanks
lee

They can get heat stressed very quickly which can happen during a long car trip. Overheating can kill if they don't have anywhere to escape to in order to cool down. That would be my guess based on what you've posted.

Rolling on it's back isn't a good sign. Could it have received a knock to the head or spinal injury during the move? Stress would not do that..... definitely sounds like a physical injury of some sort. Poor lil fella :(

.... Ah yes didn't think of heat stress :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back