Does anyone else have an animal that does this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PicklePants

Reaction score
I've had Donna for just over 12 months now, and I've noticed that when she is in her enclosure she won't use her back legs. If I take her out and let her climb up my chest or run around the lounge room floor, she always uses them and is still quite strong. I've also noticed that if she does use them in her tank, she'll only use one at a time. Every now and then someone else will see it and ask if they are damaged, so I take her out and show that they are perfectly fine and it is just one of her little quirks. She was 5 weeks old when I got her and she has done it ever since.

I've never seen another one do this before, so I'm curious to see if anyone else has one that does something similar.

when i used to keep blue tongues they would quite often tuck their back legs in and almost slither around like a snake. possibly because they had a loose substrate that they could move faster, and easier, in compared to using their limbs.

She's on Breeder's Choice pellets at the moment, but one end is just newspaper. It would make sense that it is to make moving easier, for some reason that didn't occur to me. She's the only one in the collection that has legs, so that's probably why lol.

Breeder's Choice pellets ? Tell me more.

It's cat litter that is environmentally friendly and made of recycled materials, even the bag it comes in. Looks sort of like rabbit pellets (the food) but the colour of newspaper. It's also very absorbent and helps keep odour down and can be put in your compost bin :)
I used it for my bunny when he was in an indoor cage and used a litter tray and i used to tip it in the garden and it has helped keep the weeds down even though it's been a few months since he was inside.

Just be careful when using it as i saw a thread about a snake that ended up with a piece of it stuck to the roof of it's mouth and stopped eating etc and almost ended up with an infection from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back