does anyone know HOW TO make a butterfly trap?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
I have a lot of butterflies in my backyard and I want to catch them for my water dragons. Anyone know how to make a good butterfly trap so I can catch them? IDEAS PLEASE :)

Or you could leave the butterflies in your garden to pollinate all the plants, and you could spend a couple of bucks on some crickets or mealworms...

i like to give my dragons a variety...other than the usual crickets and mealworms...

woodies,silkworms,locusts,superworms,waxworms,moths,earthworms,crickets and mealworms.then there is vegies bok choy,endive,celery tops,carrot tops,parsley the list goes on i'll be here all day!!!
what did the butterfly ever do to u!! :)

Here is a FULL list of what i feed them! Fruit and veg (kiwi, apple, bannana, strawberries, mango, peach, berries, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli.) and insects i feed are crickets, mealworms, woodies, and whatever else crawls into their outdoor enclosure...like the poor little garden skink that wandered in there once... anyway i just thought butterflies would give them a treat, somthing thats a challenge for them to catch... THEY LOVE THEM :)

Buy a moth trap.They are great (during the warmer months) I use mine all the time it catches moths and beetles and evrything and catches them alive and I just empty the tray of wildlife in with the animals in the morning......I can even sell you one (I have a spare).

All the ones you can buy these days kill the moths or whatever. (as far as I know.
Mine has 2 UV tubes with an electric fan behind. When the moths or beetles come close they are sucked in and they fall into a container underneath which can be removed and emptied. The others you can buy (and I may be wrong) make them fall into water (other than the ones that electrocute them.
Let us know what you find.
I'll post a pic of mine on here.(when I work it out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back