Dont tell me it wasnt a brown snake !!.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock:ewwww i've had to call the snake catcher numerous times in different states ... due to a taipan, eastern brown , red bellies , and my most recent a nice big tiger so pretty but deadly
this tiger was in albany ..
Got a call from a lady in Sorrento today.

She told me about a brown snake that was in her garage.
On the phone she sounded quite panicked and i tried to put her mind at ease a bit by talking to her.

I told her that brown snakes dont occur in her area and the brown coloured snake she saw was probably a copperhead.

She said to me "dont tell me it wasn't a brown snake, i know because i saw a picture of one and
this snake looks just like it""

I said ok, got her address..

When i got there i pulled her garage apart and finally found the culprit under a chest of drawers.
Turns out we were both wrong, it was a brown coloured tiger snake.

Anyway, as we were leaving the phone rings.
A tradie up the road from where i was, was driving his ute and a tiger snake crawled out from under the dash.
When i got there, 5 minutes later, the snake had moved to the top of the dash and was comfortably sunning himself.
This was the second brown coloured tiger id caught, 5 ks from each other in the space of 20 minutes.
ill stick some pics up later.
Cheers

its suprising the amount of tigers in sorrento,used to see a fair few up the sand dunes at the end of our road,only water near by was over the cliff in the ocean,lol,even found a juvie tiger right down at the point at point nepean a fw years ago on an excursion for tafe,i was thinking at the start of this post maybe the snake in question was going to be a white lipped snake or as u pointed out a copperhead,ive only ever seen one brown snake down here,one someone had killed at truemans rd reserve many years ago,was a handsome specimen

Ive never caught a brown on the peninsula but I have spoken to other local catchers that swear they have caught them.
For years Richard, the stories of brownsnakes at the limestone kilns in Truemans Rd have been told but i am yet to see one.
Not even a pic of a dead one.
Untill I see some hard evidence Ill remain sceptical.
I would say most "brown" snakes seen are copperheads, white lips or the chocolate tigers from Sorrento.
Also translocated animals are a possibility, as was the case with a redbelly I retrieved from Rosebud last year that had hitched a ride from Gippsland
I went to a callout today in Baxtor and picked up three frisky new born copperheads from one overgrown,rubbish filled garden.
The woman had killed one before I got there and her cat had killed one last night.
I saw what could have been the mother but she dived through the fence to the train tracks and disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back