DR BRYAN GRIEG FRY - AHS guest speaker this month

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hugsta

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

This months (Wednesday 26/10/11) guest speaker is Dr Bryan Grieg Fry.
Here a couple of links for those they may not be familiar with Dr Fry's work.

Dr. Bryan Grieg Fry - Venomdoc - Homepage
The venom hunters with Dr Bryan Grieg Fry

He has travelled the world doing venom research and is one of the worlds leading experts on this topic.
He has been seen on many tv shows including 60 minutes and many Discovery Channel shows.
One of his well known discoveries was venom glands in Komodo Dragons.

This will be a fantastic night at the AHS this month, one definately not to miss.
We look forward to seeing you all there.

The Australian Herpetological Society
Sydney Mechanic's School of Arts.
280 Pitt Street, Sydney (next to the National Australia Bank on the corner of Pitt and Bathurst Streets)
Doors open from 7.00pm for an 7.30pm start. Tea and coffee are available.

Please note that this is a special event and there is a $5 cover charge on the door for non members, whether it is your first time or not.

Cheers,
Daz

What is the topic of Bryan's speech?

I am waiting to hear back from Bryan as to what he will be talking about. I would say one thing is for sure, it will revolve around venom. :D
He is currently traveling all over the place and last I heard from him he was in Russia.
Once I have confirmation I will post it here.
For anyone that has not met Bryan in person, he is one guy that has more energy than most, is fascinating to listen to, has a wealth of knowledge and normally ends up with his shirt off...:D:D:D

Daz

Thanks Daz. I look forward to hearing back about this.

A quick update....

Bryan will be talking about his research on venom in monitors. I am sure this will be an amazing talk as to why he discovered something that had missed by many researchers over the years.
More info to follow closer to the date.

Cheers
Daz

Top Stuff - I was hoping he would choose this topic. Should be another sensational presentation. Bryan will be staying the night nearby and i'm sure will make it to the pub for some chit chat afterwards. See you all there.

Gird

A quick update....

Bryan will be talking about his research on venom in monitors. I am sure this will be an amazing talk as to why he discovered something that had missed by many researchers over the years.
More info to follow closer to the date.

Cheers
Daz
Thanks for the update Daz. I appreciate the extra info.

Just a reminder for this coming Wednesday speaker. Will be a fantastic night not to be missed. All to the pub after for some swapping herp stories....see you all there. :D

Stop reminding people Daz, I want to get a seat.

Really looking forward to this one. Front row reserved for committee members?

some people say that the female of V. primordius has a very painful bite, rather akin to a venemous bite,. I wonder if it could turn-out that indeed it is venemous...................All u people with ur" shouts "!!!!!!!!!!!!obvious no-one else is doing "DRY OCSOBER "

last chance I will get to give you all a reminder about tomorrow night, can't wait for this talk, it will be fantastic I am sure. See you all there. :D:D:D:D
Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back