Dragon enclosure size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davo66

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
My enthusiasm for pythons has spread to my wife. Unfortunately she isn't confident with snakes. Could someone recommend a small to mid-sized dragon lizard that is hardy, active, social and would thrive in a 90cm x 45cm x 55cm wood with sliding glass front enclosure.
Ideally, a dragon which can be handled but can not run a million miles an hour as some do lol
My wife has seen pics of a Tawny Dragon, would the above size enclosure be suitable for these particular dragons?

Cheers, Davo

IMO a Pair of Pygmy Bearded Dragons (pogona henrylawsoni) would do well in that enclosure

CAM

Thanks guys for the suggestions. For African, Sydney mate. what is the full grown length of these dragons?

Pygmy Bearded,
Painted?

Davo

go the pygmys (black soil), painteds or the netteds. imo the beardies will be the best they get to about 25-30cm TL

Not many of the small-mid dragons are any good for handling.
Pygmy beardies are probably going to be the best choice there.
Personally, I'd go angle heads if the room does not get too hot.

i was going to say get tawnys or central netteds or somethjing like that but then i read u want to handle them, in that case go for the black soil beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back