Drinking beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShAdY12

Reaction score
how old should my beardie start drinking on his own?? Atm im putting droplets
on the tip of his mouth and he happily drinks. Aswell as every now and then spraying
him

my babies were drinkig from a water bowl in ther first week. i see them drink almost everyday. as soon as they see me filling the water up they all run over and have a big drink.

I have never seen our bearded dragon drink water. Doesn't mean she isn't drinking but just to be sure I often spray her with water. My book says misting them helps them get water. It also states that captive beardies tend to drink less than they should and can become dehydrated so misting them once or twice a week certainly won't hurt them. But also, if they are eating fresh foods - crickets, veges, even pellets that have been pre-soaked in water, they will get some moisture from these as well.

cheers, yeh i soak his pellets in water and spray him every now and then. I just hadnt
seen him drink from the water bowl. Do beardies absorb water like pythons if they
go for a swim or a bath?? (by swim i meant him in the waterbowl)

i have never seen mine drink from a dish, i have only seen them drink a few times after i mist them, but apparently bathing them 2 or 3 times a week enables them to get adequate hydration, which is what i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back