Droopy Eye Lid :}

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePaintedLady

Reaction score
Does anyone know why two of my Bearded Dragons have droopy bottom eyelids?

I don't know how to put a pic on here sorry....

They are both Female and one is an Eastern and One is a Central...

They are both young so it's not old age..

It doesn't seem to bother them but it has puzzled me for some time... :?

If you can shed some light on the subject that would be great...

What do you mean by droopy? If you can send me a pic ill put it up with for you. :D

Maybe something causing irritation like substrate dust or cage plants, could they be a bit dehydrated?

"Its probably "Nuthn" a good decapitation wont fix!" :roll: (pogona lady ignore this)

Maybe a member lives near you could have a look and advise? :D

Oh no looks i've overstepped the APS knowledge boundaries :?

That's correct, take it to someone with at least 700 posts

Mine had this not long ago, (1 of them), it seemed to get worse for a little then started to get better and better.

However I have read on several sites that it can be a sign of kidney failure in beardies, so keep a close eye on it and take them to a vet if it doesn't clear up.

Its cleared up for now, well at least alot better than it had gotten, he has still acted normal and loves his food so unless he goes off that then I think he is ok, if it got any worse or he started acting up then Id take him to the vet. Its up to u though, if you are really worried then there is no harm in gettin a check up for him.

Dehydration. Get some water into the little lads! If they wont drink from force drinking (which they should) Give them heaps of
boc choy or any other fresh softer fruits and veges and ONLY fresh till their fluid levels are up and theyre eyes have raised back
into the sockets.

I have had one to the vet and they said they could put a stitch in the lids if it bothered me cosmetically, but other than that he couldn't answer it...
They both love their salads and water, food etc...So I am at a loss as to why it's happened..
They have had it ever since I got them..
I am thinking maybe it could be inherited?
:?

One of mine look's exactly the same, been like thats since hatching, doesn't seem to worry him, still drinks from from bowl and spray bottle, eats vegies and crix has UVB, all that stuff, he's nearly 2yr old now and not slowing down? I'm not to worried about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back