dry scales

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Reaction score
Since her last shed my coastal has had dry scales on her head, from just above her eyes( mid head) to just above her nose. I wet her a few times, but is still dry. Is dry to the touch, but she seems unaffected by this. I will wait till the next shed to see if it persists. Have any of you seen or had this happen before? No afri I dont want tp hear about your dndruff.
Thanks as always Moses

Mabe when the snake started last shed he had dificulty to start and he scratched new scales under. :?:

My Coastal has the same thing ... I havent had her while she has shed so was thinkng it may be something like slatey described. Was going to hit the panic button if it was the same after the next shed.

Just cut her head off,,,, It will grow back I have seen it in the movies.... It has to be true?

My water has the same problem. It improved with this shed,but I also think it was mite damage from last year. I have heard they can cause nasty scars as they burrow under the scale,hence causing it to grow poorly for a while just as a scar takes time to heal.

Is that true??? I will try it on a Diamond right now. :twisted:

looking at the last shed skin, there seems to be no indication of a problem, seems to be another perfect shed. I have never had a mite problem, and she seems to be mite free now, so no clue. But I will moitor it and like Keef said pnic after the next shed if it is the same. So Afri what do you use for snake dandruff?
Moses

stupid Q, but should I try rubbing a bit of baby oil on the dry scales?
Moses
Afri, I can see your responses already concerning oiling up my snake etc.. :)

I think that baby oilcan not harm snake. Just do not use your hemeroid cream mate.

See, I forgot about Slaty, Afric and slateynonstop jokes :lol:
Moses

I was serious Moses. If you use hemeroid cream, your snakes head shrinks.

I would not do that greb. you know me mate. I have personal experiance and it shrinks things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back