Easist lizard to breed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
beardies and water dragons are easy as to breed

Personally i think Blueys have to be easiest, especially compared to beardies and water dragons..

The fact they are live bearers put them miles ahead of any species that lay eggs

Ben

I agree that a pair of blue tongues is thr easiest larger lizard to breed. No mucking around incubating, getting hatchies feeding etc. They come out ready to tackle the world.

But shingle backs live monogamous relationships so if one carcs it then they usually stop breeding...

No, in captivity this isn't the case, they will breed wit multiple partners. Though Shingles arn't so easy to keep in some humid area's of Australia, which makes them harder to breed if they arn't feeling the best. Not too many people around coastal Sydney / Qld actually have huge success breeding them regularly enough to say they are one of the easiest lizards to breed.. I had two females trying to get it on repeatedly this season... they must have a monogamous lesbian relationship? ;)

Most commonly kept lizards are easy to breed as long as you keep them happy, small skinks, Bearded Dragons, most Geckos are all basic to breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back