Eastern Beardie parasite treatment

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClintonS

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I just had a few questions about worming and parasite control.
I'd like to worm my Eastern Beardie and maybe treat for mites, I've searched the forum but found the threads on the subject a bit vague. My beardie is a juvenile (15cm nose to tail). What product(s) readily available in Australia are recommended and what doseages and frequency of treatment? If anyone has experience on the subject your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

You can purchase worm syrup & mite treatments especially for reptiles from a pet shop or reptile shop. Directions are on the bottles.

Unless your bearded actually has mites, then I wouldn't advise using the treatment. The actual treatment could be extremely harmful to your dragon, and there's no point in exposing it to harsh chemicals for absolutely no reason.

As for worming, I use "Wormrid" from Reptile Science. It's extremely easy to use. Doseages depend upon the animal, and the directions are on the bottle. I worm every four to six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back